Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Meh...

Now that I am home all day, the days seem to go by so much faster. I don't like it. How can I make my life slow down?!?!

This weekend, my parents were gone, so I stayed at my friends house the whole weekend. A whole three days and two nights. It was great, because I didn't have to have the thought that my parents were coming to pick me up in a few hours, and I could just focus on doing what guys do when they go to friends houses. Playing video games for many hours in a row and eating fast food.


On Saturday, we built a tiny snow city, only to destroy it with 'meteors'. We then rebuilt it and destroyed it twice more. Then we went inside, and played with Legos in the basement for 6 hours. Playing with those Legos really brought back memories of playing Legos for manyhousr as a kid. It was really fun. 


I have been reading "Paper Towns" by John Green a lot today, and it makes me feel like just DOING stuff. The rebelious character Margo Roth Spiegelman makes me want to go explore an abandoned mental facility, or break into a theme park at night, or even... to run away...


Of course I won't do any of those things, but only because it's winter. We'll see what happens in the summer/spring...


IF you have no idea what I'm talking about, then you probably haven't read Paper towns, and  I then am telling you that I am FORCING you to go read it. 


Recently I forced my sister to read the Pendragon series, and she was EXTREMELY reluctant. She just got it from the library today, and she loves it. It's gotta tell you something about my taste in literature.


I bet you've heard of the SUPER amount of snow we are going to get out here in the middle east. Tonight already we've gotten close to two inches, and the snow is scheduled to come tomorrow. I went outside today, and randomly sprinted around the block, and then I just sat outside until my face got too cold, just sitting and listening. It was today that I realized that when snow is falling heavily, there is actually a sound with it, a beautiful silent whooshing sound. It is really nice to listen to. 


Yesterday was my brothers birthday, so I really quickly made him something in MS paint.




Like I said, really quickly.


This is something that really will put you at ease when you are trying to sleep. 


The song was made with only sound clips taking from the Disney movie, Alice in Wonderland. I just find the song beautiful. 

Wow... did I really just use the word beautiful twice in the same blog? SHAME ON MYSELF.

Gotta go, Buffalo!

3 comments:

  1. My friend is reading that book, and when I glanced at the cover, I thought it said "Paper Towels". I was confused. Then she got mad and corrected me. And the summary is creepy, something about a ninja breaking through your back yard and into your house, and something about a tree? I don't remember, but something about ninja's definitely. Seems interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I can see where you got paper towels. I just read the description, and it DOES have the word 'ninja', but they really are not ninjas. I think you should definitely read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got Paper Towns out of the library earlier today and I'm already halfway through it.

    ReplyDelete