Monday, July 12, 2010

July 3st

Ok, the first full day in my Grandparents house. I will explain rules and things that go on in this house.

My Grandparents house is to be always as clean as possible, and it is taken to the highest measures. We are instructed to walk very slowly on the stairs, and they are not kidding. They yell until we are walking so slowly that every time we go up or down, it takes close to 30 seconds, one way trip. We have to take our shoes off outside, rub our socks off while standing on this grate thing that lets the sand fall while allowing you to stand without getting MORE sand back on, my Grandpa's invention. Then we have to carefully step onto a rug in the Garage, and walk across, then wipe on ANOTHER grate thingy, and then you can step inside. It takes forever to load groceries from the car. You cannot slide your chair, get up, and move it. You have to slide up to the table until your chest touches the table, so that you do not drop crumbs. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

A lot the adults will be talking, so we occupy ourselves by using the exercise bike, and exercise skiis in the basement. It's pretty fun...

Don't get me wrong though, I love it at my Grandparents house.

Today is the third, but the fourth of July parade was today because its Sunday tomorrow. We drove in to town early to get out spot, and we got a good one too. We lined up our chairs by our car, tied them down and went home to eat lunch because the parade didn't start for two hours. We actually got a pretty good spot. Latter, when we got there, there were a million and four people. Let me show you how many that is. 1,000,004. Thats a lot of people.

We went to our spot and got comfortable in our chairs. We positioned our plastic bags so that we could easily load them with candy, and then we sat there, and waited for the parade.

My brother and I occupied ourselves pretty well. For one thing, we poked little children that passed by us with the butt ends of our little flags, and watched them react. In my opinion, this was the most entertaining thing we did. We did other things too, such as get as many stickers from the advertisers as we could (one person gave us four stickers max, but we kept going back so we got like 30 stickers from them, though I actually don't remember what it was advertising.), asking the people that tell you to stay behind the spectator line if they had stickers (which would be cool, it would say, 'stay behing the line or my orange vest will strangle you.'), asking random old people if they had stickers (one old lady thought we said suckers, and she actually had some. Root beer flavor.), and much more. During this time of occupying ourselves, my Grandma occupied herself by saying, 'NO WAY!!' with a happy face whenever someone told her to vote for someone. THAT was hilarious.

Soon, the people in the spot directly to the left of us arrived, and they immediatly layed chairs along...
Lemme just show you.


As you can see from this wonderful HD recreation of the situation, there is many problems, all caused by the people to the side of us.

1. Their blanket was pink.
2. Their blanket was crossing into out spot, under our car even.
3. No matter how many times I poked it out from under our car and back across the line with a stick, it always got back.
4. There is a lady and a child who we don't know standing directly between me and my brother and our vehicle.
5. There were three small children to the left of me, trying to get candy.
6. There was no one actually on the roof of our car. That would have been cool, because it would've been a ninja.
7. Apparently we have the same car as the enemy.
8. The wooden train was infested by little kids so we could'nt play on it.

Two of the three little kids were too little to understand what was going on, but the third, Ohohohho.

The third kid was probably in kindergarten, and he was about as tall as me when I was sitting in a very low lawn chair, Perfect headbutting height. He short orange curly hair, and he was wearing small glasses. He was running ariund frantic, trying to get as much candy as he could into his cute little bag, because, as his mom repeated over and over, "He has to get candy for his two brothers too." (I still got more candy than him, hee hee.)

This kid was doing everything to get candy. He weaved around his grandma. He ran out in front of a marching band to get a tootsie roll. He even crawled right under our chairs to get candy from there. THAT is what got me mad about him.

I got him though. I didn't just let him scurry around, grabbing candy practically out of our bags. I did all I could to keep him off our spot. If his foot was an inch across the line, I bent over and pushed it onto their side, getting a weird look from him. One time he stood directly in front of me, and I poked him real good in the butt. Needless to say he stayed over there a while after that.

That's enough Eric. The more I talk about this, the more he becomes an innocent Kindergartener in my, mind, one that doesn't know what he's doing wrong. I do have to say what I did to get that woman and her son out from behind me.

They were standing there, not caring that they were standing in the middle of my family, and I turned my brother, and said, loud enough for them to hear, "Next year we should bring more convenient bags, these ones are too big. Also, we should bring shotguns to shoot people that stand behind us and in our spot."

That child looked at his mom, and slowly backed away. It was amusing.

Maybe you can't see the seriousness of how much they were surrounding us by the picture and my explanations, but just keep reading and forget I talked that long about this.

Yeah, I know I overreacted.

No comments:

Post a Comment