Thursday, October 14, 2010

We mourn the loss today, of our good friend...

I was thinking about how different the styles are now from when they were when your Grandparents were kids. Think about it, would you ever wear your pants hiked up as far as your Grandma does? No! And can you ever imagine your grandpa with emo hair? You better not be able to. The thing is, the styles have changed, and neither generation understands the styles of the other.

It is not just fashions of clothing and hair that are different, either. These age groups both have completely unlike senses of humor.

The librarians in our school refuse to get any kind of book that is modern that any students would actually check out. Instead, they get books with yellow disgusting smelling pages. After reading a couple Mark Twain books last year, there is nothing else interesting in the entire library. I found one called, “Nothing but Humor”, or something like that, in which many humorist writers write short stories n’ stuff. In exception to Groucho Marx, who is now an inspiration for my life, there was nothing that made me funny. This book was probably the funniest thing the librarian has read.

The point is to say that I am mourning a loss today. The loss of a really cool sticker.

The sticker was round, lime green, and in bold letters, it said simply, “30 Muffins”. I loved that sticker, and I put it on my school I.D. I made sure to not cover any information like the barcode or my picture, so I thought that it was completely fine. Also, my face looked better that close to that sticker.

Today, when I gave my I.D. to the librarian to sign in to the library, she calmly ripped off the sticker, crumpled it up, and threw it away, with out saying a single word to me, or even looking at me. It almost made me cry.

Everyone always talked bad about that librarian, but I would always defend her. I don’t plan on doing that anymore. Sorry Miss, you wrecked the best sticker in the world.

I guess now I know why library Eric is so grumpy all the time, hanging around with characters like that.

Now to probe your brain and gain a more in-depth knowledge of who you are by asking you a random question. Wait, let me put on my mind reading glasses…

Ok, now. Ehem.

“What do you feel about this situation?”

No comments:

Post a Comment